Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hunting Season

I'm just going to be up front and say this is not my favorite time of year.  Fall... I love fall (with the exception of the smoke this year) but what comes at the end of fall is hunting season.  Which of course means I lose my husband, best friend and the daddy to my children.  It sucks... I'm not going to sugar coat it. 

With that said, nothing beats hearing the excitement in your husband's voice when he calls to say he got one and knowing he is having the time of his life.  That's what happened a few Friday's ago as I was heading back to my desk at work and my cell phone rang.  I could tell the minute I answered it that he had gotten something.  It started off with "Babe, guess what?" and followed with "I got one... a pretty big one."  And even though I had only gotten about four hours of sleep the night before being a single Mom at home with a sick child, I was happy for him.  So happy for him.  Because that's what it's all about when you love someone.  When he's happy, it makes me happy.

And before I ramble on further, here's BJ's elk he got a couple weekends ago...


 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment