Monday, April 18, 2011

Birthday Week

A little over two weeks ago, I decided that I was going to throw BJ a birthday week.  After all, it was going to be his 30th and that's a big deal, right?!  So I scrambled and came up with seven gifts so he could open a gift a day and I threw together a party for his birthday night.  Well Sunday morning rolled around and I was so excited to kick off his birthday week and give him gift one.  Then he came downstairs and told me the devastating news about Hagy.  I went back and forth all day on whether or not I should give him the gifts or if it just wouldn't be the same.  I decided later on that day that I would go forward with his birthday week gifts hoping that it would be a small ray of light during this week of darkness.  They ended up bringing a smile to BJ's face each day which made it worth it.  I knew it wouldn't be how I envisioned but life happens and sometimes you just have to roll with it.

Each gift had a tag like this
I also had to make a decision on if I should tell BJ about what I had planned the night of his birthday (Saturday night).  I originally wanted it to be a surprise but with everything that had gone on, I decided to ask him if he was still up for it.  He thought it would be fun so we went forward with pizza and bowling with family and friends.  Grandma Pat came down to babysit Jackson which allowed us a kid free evening.  :)  Everyone had a blast and it was just what we needed.  Now we just need to recover on sleep!

We started off BJ's birthday with some softball
Ribbons for Hagy
Aunt Angel & Nana
Getting some advice?  :)
 Pizza that evening
Getting his bowl on!
Oh Steve...

Some brother/sister love
Somehow we ended up with some balloons from the bowling alley and Jackson had a ball playing with them Sunday morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment