Saturday, April 9, 2011

Jackson Happenings

This last week was a busy one as usual, full of Jackson happenings. :)  On Tuesday, we visited Wenatchee Pediatric Dentistry for his first dentist appointment.  I know I was supposed to take him at a year but I just couldn't bring myself to it.  It was hard for me at two and a half but WPD made it go as smoothly as possible.  I had heard wonderful things about this relatively new practice in town and they lived up to all the hype.  They have a beautiful, VERY kid friendly office.  In fact, a little too kid friendly.  When they called Jackson back, he told them no, he was going to stay and play with the toys.  Luckily, the gal let him take two of the trains back with us and then I returned them to the waiting room when we left.   
 He quickly found this train table
 He could have played in the waiting room for hours
 Overall, Jackson did a fantastic job at his first dental visit.  And if they didn't have such cool toys he probably would have done even better!  He only cried a little when the dentist looked in his mouth and brushed his teeth.  It was impossible to get pictures of his actual exam (I would have needed two more arms) but I took this one afterwards.  Not the best but it had been a long day.
 
Then on Thursday, I bought him his own potty.  He has had one of the potty seats that you place on the toliet and he had a lot of interest in it about six months ago.  Well since then, nothing.  So we thought maybe we'd spark his interest and buy him his own potty.  So this is him trying out his new throne - no pee yet but hopefully someday soon!  Note: his old potty seat is on his new potty seat.
Finally Friday morning, I was finishing getting ready downstairs before we left for daycare/work and Jackson picked up a football and threw it.  All I heard was glass shattering and I turned around to find a glass knocked down into the sink and shattered into a million little pieces.  Let's just say it did not go over very well.  I was as mad as I have ever been at him.  But now I look at the pictures I took of him today (below) and think, how can I be mad at this cute little face?  He is lucky I love him so much. :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment