Monday, May 30, 2011

A First

Jackson had his first sleepover at Nana & Papa's house on Saturday night!  They said he did great, although I'm sure they wouldn't tell us if he was horrible!  BJ and I were a little worried about how he would do as we both watched our cell phones all night waiting for the phone call.  In fact, we talked about it for a while on Saturday trying to determine if we should give it a shot.  The only other time he's stayed without one of us was when he was little and my Mom took him for the night as we celebrated BJ's Dad's 50th.  Haylee and Kyla were going to be at Nana & Papa's too which we figured would go over well as he loves them.  So we packed up his camping blow up mattress and headed down to drop him off.

This allowed BJ and I to grab some dinner and spend some quality time together (although we missed the movie we were going to see).  Thank you Nana & Papa for being brave enough to have all three grandkids stay the night.  Jackson had so much fun... so much in fact, he passed out while we were at Lowe's the next morning as we were shopping!

Back a couple days... it had been a while since I had taken pictures, so Friday night I grabbed my camera after we got home from work to do some catch up!  BJ was doing yard work so Jackson and I hung out in the front yard and talked with our neighbor John.  John and his wife Pam are the best neighbors.  They are the nicest people and are just so pleasant to be around.  And we found out they will be grandparents soon... so excited for them!

I'm in LOVE with this picture - but where did my baby go?  :(
   Playing hide & seek with John. He is so great with Jackson - he even pitched him a couple balls Saturday morning so Jackson could hit when we were weeding in our front yard.




















Since we are coming to a close on Memorial Day weekend, I also want to note that we have now spent seven years in our house!  Wow... where has all that time gone?!  So many fun memories in our house- I'm thankful for it everyday.  Hopefully many more to come... 

No comments:

Post a Comment