Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Two Week Appt

I was a bit anxious for Audri's two week appointment as we had recently heard devastating news that my cousin and his wife lost their eight week old to a heart condition.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of them and the pain they are going through.  The two week appointment is an important one to make sure your baby has gained back any weight lost after birth.  The Monday after Audri was born (when she was four days old), she was down to 7lbs from her birth weight of 7lbs, 5oz.  So I was really anxious for her weigh in at her two week appointment to make sure she gained it back.  She gained it back plus more and was 7lbs, 13oz and had already grown an inch since birth (now 21.5 inches long). 

Dr. Eisert was also great and did a really thorough check as I expressed my concerns over my cousin's baby and the anxiety I felt over her appointment.  The only negative of the appointment was another prick to her foot which I'm pretty sure she is tired of those.  Lots of screaming and fussing as we left the office. :( 

Our sweet girl at two weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment