Monday, December 3, 2012

Our Very Own Thanksgiving

 
This year, we made a last minute decision to stay home with the kiddos and brave my first ever Thanksgiving dinner. It was BJ's last full day with us prior to his hunting trip so it was great to spend the day together and I have to admit, it was really fun to finally get the chance to cook my own turkey.

The day started off great. Jacksie and I did one of our favorite things... cook banana bread together. 
 
 
 
 
Then it was time to prep and stuff the turkey. Let the games begin. :)
 
 
 
 
 
And that is pretty much where my pictures end as far as our dinner. By the time dinner was ready, miss Audri was running her first ever temp and coming down with a nasty bug. But for the most part everything turned out ok other than the rolls that were a little crispy on bottom. :) I feel like I learned a lot and I can't wait to try it again. And, I loved spending the day as a family of four. We have a lot to be thankful for.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment