Tuesday, March 29, 2011

10

1. I heart my new laptop!  Hence the increase in blogging the last few days. :)  I bought photo editing software at Costco on Saturday and had tons of fun messing with it on Sunday.  Here is my first attempt at editing a photo.  What do you think?
Original
Edited

2. When I picked up Jackson from Deanne's Monday afternoon, he had a new owie.  One of his daycare buddies had tripped and then Jackson tripped over him when they were playing outside.  And of course, his heavy head was his landing spot.  He now has a large wound on the left side of his head and he is running a temp today. :(

3. I had forgotten how much I love the natural high I get from running.  It was a nice day Sunday so I decided to get out for a quick jog.  I am now wondering why I took five months off.  To me, running is the best workout... it makes me feel great, clears my mind and tones my body better than any other workout.  So here's to more running in my future!  Good thing the weather is getting nicer.
4. BJ has his first softball tournament this weekend.  I'm excited to take Jackson to the fields to play and to watch his Dad.  I'm sure we will have lots of batting practice once he sees his Dad batting.  Good thing we can go outside now! 
5. Jackson has been talking more in sentences lately.  It's fun to hear him string words together and I actually feel like I'm understanding more and more of his language.  BJ and I feel like he is on the brink of talking A LOT!
6. Due to the crazy nature of March Madness this year, BJ has already wrapped up his work bracket.  Now we are just waiting to see if he is going to win our other bracket.  He just needs UConn to lose.  Go Kentucky!
7. Since we have been watching a lot of basketball lately, there have been frequent bouts of yelling or should I say cheering at the TV.  When BJ and I get excited, Jackson chimes in "Go Huskies"!!  Do you think we are UW fans in this family or what?!
8. BJ and I started catching up on Grey's Anatomy.  We were six shows behind (now four) so we thought we should probably get on it!  It is such a great show... once we start watching, it's hard to stop. Good thing we don't watch any other shows.  We would be too far behind to ever catch up!
9. My friend Pia had her baby girl last week.  Just over eight pounds of pure sweetness. :)  It was so great to hold her just minutes after she was born.  So happy for Pia and Dave.
10. It was Papa's birthday on Sunday and we headed over to celebrate that evening.  Jackson had a great time helping Papa open his gifts.  Here are some of my favorite pics from the evening...
Hay and Kyla blowing out the candles
 Jackson with his cheesecake he wouldn't eat
 Papa's helper
 Papa with his grandkids

No comments:

Post a Comment