Monday, March 21, 2011

Ten

I know it is a day early but time for another ten...

1. Today, I received my new camera lens in the mail.  :)  One of my questions for Mary at our Momtography class was what kind of lens she recommended for taking good quality pictures up close (it is hard being so far away when I use our zoom lens).  And she covered it before I even had to ask!  So, I was way excited to receive it in the mail today and start taking pictures.  Some samples...
There she is in all her glory (BJ goes "that is it?")
Not so happy about all my picture taking
2. We are right in the middle of March Madness and we are loving it!  There is nothing better than a good upset - well, other than when it screws up our brackets.  I have to brag a little... I was sitting in the #1 spot after the first round.  Being the only girl I was pretty proud of myself.  Go Ohio State! :)
3. Jackson's new favorite food as of late is Kashi whole grain crackers.  Why?  I'm not sure.  They taste like cardboard but for some reason, he will choose them over any other crackers in our pantry.  In fact, he ate some with dinner tonight.  We'll see how long it lasts.
The cardboard crackers

4. BJ is gearing up for another softball season.  His team has practiced a couple of times and he says his shoulder has felt alright.  Keep your fingers crossed...
5. St. Patty's Day was last week and I was feeling like a bad Mom because I hadn't bought Jackson a cute shirt to wear to daycare.  Well, good thing I checked the size of his last year's St Patty's Day shirt.  It was a 2T and I was able to squeeze him in it again.  I know he doesn't care but it made me feel better!  :)
6. I finished our taxes tonight.  My motivation... dropping over $1K on new tires for BJ's truck today.  I hate spending money on things like that.
7. Yesterday, Jackson chased Hunter around the house for probably half hour straight.  He thought it was hilarious and it was fun to watch Hunter because I think she enjoyed it too.  She is so good when it comes to him and we are so thankful.  He brings out the puppy in her. 
Waiting for Hunter to come back in from outside - I think she was trying to escape
8. We ordered a new laptop!  Yay!  It is coming from Costco.com and I CANNOT wait.  It will make my life so much more convenient, which I need right now. It probably won't be here for another week but I'm sure I will check the status everyday. Next up... photo editing software.  Another item I cannot wait for.
9. I love how much Jackson is learning everyday.  Today when I picked him up from Deanne's, he had learned a new song.  He sang it for us multiple times tonight and each time, it made my heart happy.  I just love to see him smile and be goofy.
10. And I have to finish up with another Jackson item... his favorite book right now is Love You Forever.  We just got it a couple of weeks ago and it quickly became the book we have to read every night.  I don't mind it other than when it makes me choke up and I struggle to get through it.  I just don't want him to grow up. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment