Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Hunter is Home

And by hunter, I'm not talking about our dog! :)  The hunter I am speaking of is BJ and it was a long two weeks at home without him.  I thought I appreciated how hard it was to take care of a child by yourself but after this hunting trip, I have a whole new appreciation.  Seriously, I'm not sure how the single parents out there do it (well, I guess they don't have a choice).  But really, being a parent is hard work and especially when you add sickness to the mix.  So... we are SO happy he is home.  I was amazed by the change in Jackson's whole demeanor last night when getting to see his Dad for the first time.  He was so happy, it just melted my heart. We are complete again. :)

As we were talking about his trip last night, I asked BJ if he took many pictures.  I should have known the answer was no (other than a few cell phone pics) like usual.  Luckily, his cousin Chad came through!  He posted an album to Facebook so I quickly saved off a couple to share. :)  Chad won't mind (I hope!). 

Chad took some beautiful scenery pics.  Here are a couple of my favorites... 



 Here is the hunter with his deer.  Not the "big" one he wanted but at least he got one.

And I had to include a picture with Chad.  After all, I did steal his pictures.
Finally, here is camp.  As you can clearly see, they are roughing it.  Our trailer is the one in the back corner behind BJ's truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment