Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One Year Ago Today...

I was a nervous wreck. I "worked" eight hours that day however, I'm not sure how many hours were actually spent working. All I could do was look at my cell phone and wait for the next phone call or text message to arrive.  My Dad was over at Harborview having major back surgery and somehow I was talked out of driving over to be with my Mom in the waiting room. To this day, I regret that decision and I will never again not follow my heart when it comes to being there for my family. So there, take that Mom and Dad. :)  I WILL be there the next time something like this happens because I need to know that you are ok.

Anyway, back to the real reason for my post.  Reflecting back on the last year, I just want to say how proud I am of you Dad (and a shout out to my Mom for putting up with/taking care of my stubborn Dad). :) I know you expect to be able to do everything and are probably frustruated at times, but all things considered you have come a LONG way!  So cheers to you Dad. I hope you are raising a glass of your finest tonight... you deserve it!

Jackson and Grandpa the weekend prior to Grandpa's back surgery
Jackson and Grandpa playing legos recently :) Dad finally gets to play with a little boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment