Thursday, November 10, 2011

10 on 10 Thanksgiving Edition

This month's 10 on 10 has a new spin... it is 10 pictures of 10 things I am thankful for.  A little overwhelming as I feel so thankful for so much in my life.  And trying to say it with pictures is sometimes challenging.  For example, first and foremost, I am thankful for my health (and the health of my family).  So many times this year, I have been reminded how quickly things can change and if you don't have your health, you don't have anything.  I couldn't decide how to portray that with a picture but I wanted to make sure to include it because it is at the top of my list.  Some other things that I am thankful for include...

1) My hot shower this morning.  Sometimes I take for granted simple luxuries like a hot shower and I need a reminder.  Some are not as fortunate.
2) My little monster.  The biggest blessing in our lives.  I never could have imagined how amazing it would be to be a parent.
3) My hubby who I fell in love with when I was 15.  Not only is he an amazing husband and friend but an awesome Dad.  I couldn't ask for anything more.
4) The roof over our heads.  The first and only house we have lived in as a family and where we are making memories.  I feel so fortunate that we were in the market to buy a house when we were.
5) Deanne or Ne-Ne (according to Jackson).  Her home is Jackson's home away from home.  I feel like we won the lotto the day we met her.  She is truly a blessing and I couldn't think of anyone better as a caregiver for Jackson (and soon to be our baby).
6) My job.  Yes, it has its ups and downs as any job does but overall it is a great place to work.  And I have amazing girlfriends at work that keep every day entertaining. :)
7) Baby #2.  I can't even explain in words how thankful I am to be carrying another child.  I had forgotten how special it is to feel that little life moving inside my belly.
8) A warm drink on a cold day.  Those who know me well know that I am always cold.  So I am thankful for a delicious coffee to warm me from the inside out (even if it is decaf).
9) Hunter aka the Best Worst Dog Ever.  She can be such a pain at times but overall she is a blessing for our family.  She is so great with Jackson and he loves his "sister."
10) Memories. Not only in our family pictures we took recently (thanks again Mary), but in our blog as well.  I love the fact that someday Jackson can look back and remember all the experiences we had.  I can't wait to get our blog printed at the end of this year.  And I just realized, our blog just turned one!

I easily could have gone on and on with many more things I am thankful for. Our parents, living in this beautiful valley, etc, etc.  This was my favorite 10 on 10 so far because it made me slow down a bit and reflect on life.  I have so much to be thankful for and I need to remember that when things are sometimes challenging.

2 comments:

  1. Jayme, I love this! I was fifteen when I fell in love with my husband too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you printing your blog? Like into a book of some sort?

    ReplyDelete