Monday, November 21, 2011

It is...?!

Those two words were all I could utter as the ultrasound tech nonchalantly said "it looks like a girl."  We had been in the ultrasound room for over an hour and she had taken a zillion pics so I kind of thought she would at least give us a warning before blurting out the gender.  I had convinced myself this whole pregnancy that I was having a boy.  Even when every single moment has been different, I still told myself I was destined to have sons.  I just think I wanted a daughter so badly that I did not want to set myself up for disappointment. So after the tech said girl, I blurted out "it is?" and when she answered yes (and explained why... the three lines, etc) I looked at BJ.  I will never forget the look on his face.  Unlike me, he was vocal about wanting a daughter and had told me all along this was a girl.  After seeing the look on his face, I burst into tears.  I mean, not just tears streaming down my face but crying, borderline sobbing.  I think I scared the tech as she seemed uncomfortable and said she hoped I was happy and not sad.  BJ had to tell her they were happy tears as I could barely mutter the words.

So a couple minutes later, I got it together and was able to manage through the rest of the ultrasound without sobbing.  The tech was able to get all the pictures she wanted other than the spine.  Her spine was facing mine so it was hard for her to get the angle she wanted (even after jabbing the thingy into my stomach HARD).  So we might have to have a follow up ultrasound which is fine by me as I would love for them to tell me once again that it is a girl. I just still feel like I'm a little shocked as it hasn't set in all the way. 

So needless to say, we are both beyond excited to be having a daughter and were so happy to tell Jackson as he has told us many times he wants a sister.  Yay for pink!  

When I showed up to work today, a co-worker had put this cute pink blanket on my chair.  What a great surprise... I have the best co-workers.
 And, I couldn't help myself.  I had to go shopping for some pink. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment