Saturday, July 30, 2011

Scary Morning

Earlier this morning, BJ and I were busy working away trying to dismantle the treadmill so we could take it downstairs (we sold it to the same co-worker that bought our other gym set).  Jackson, of course, was "helping" with his plastic screwdriver and was playing around with other toys upstairs.  We were just about done with separating the top section of the treadmill and Jackson comes running in with his shoes on backwards (he put them on himself).  So as he is running, he trips, falls and his mouth goes right into the corner of the treadmill.  I gasped as BJ scooped him up.  He immediately started bleeding horribly so we rushed him into the bathroom.  He was screaming hysterically and it was hard to see where all the blood was coming from.  It was ALL over.  I was pretty freaked out because when I finally did look in his mouth I was convenienced that his front teeth had moved back (now that it is all over I don't think they did). 

I yelled at BJ to bring me my cell phone.  I knew I wanted to have his dentist look at them.  I was shaking as I dialed and of course, I got voicemail.  I left a message and we packed Jackson up to leave in the car.   Luckily, Dr. Dela Cruz called me as we were driving (we were going to go to the ER until I heard from them).  She was awesome and told us to come straight to the office.  All I have to say is Wenatchee Pediatric Dentistry rocks and I'm so thankful they are in this valley.  They took x-rays and looked all around in Jackson's mouth.  She was so great with him (as he was a little traumatized) and she was so thorough with us (which I definitely appreciate).  His mouth is pretty banged up (upper gums and lower lip).  So now we do a anti-bacterial rinse with him twice a day, soft foods for the week and we are to follow up in two weeks to see how his mouth looks (she is most concerned about infection in his soft tissue).  His front teeth look ok and they are going to watch them from now on.  I feel very fortunate for that... it could have been a lot worse.   

BJ and I both were so proud of how brave Jackson was... he didn't even cry when they took x-rays or looked in his mouth.  I think we scared him more than he was scared himself. 

The wound on his lower lip     

One of the rags we used - it is going in the garbage
Proof that he is going to be alright


No comments:

Post a Comment